Sunday, August 3, 2014

Writing down your Bucket List

As entrepreneurs we have this internal clock that all the time in the world is given to us to work and build our businesses. Nothing is further from the truth and the quickest way to come to terms with that is to create a bucket list.

Some entrepreneurs resent the idea of a bucket list because it may appear to be pessimistic or morbid. On the contrary a bucket list is an inventory on all the dreams you have - the ones you have achieved - and the ones you are yet to achieve.

One of my favorite sites is bucketlist a site where you can document your bucket list and see others that have achieved their bucket list. Essentially a bucket list is your lifetime goals. The goals that you hope to achieve before you die. The moments that keep us focused on the wonders of life.

I documented my bucket list with 92 goals, 77  that I have completed already and 15 goals that I am focused on achieving. The bucket list is not designed to write down every single mini goal but to really focus on those big goals that you need to achieve in life to feel fulfilled. Some of the goals I have achieved have been a dream come true.

My all time favorite bucket list goals

1. I remember when I achieved my lifetime goal of visiting South Africa. I remember pinching myself to make sure I was alive and experiencing the moment.

2 .Having a family and being a parent is another bucket list as I had a hard time getting pregnant.

3. Graduating with a Masters Degree

4.  Italy with Cameron


5. Visiting Thailand

6. Writing for Entrepreneur Magazine

7. Purchasing my own office



Each of these goals could have taken a lifetime to achieve. It wasn't easy and require determination and focus. What are you doing to move forward on your bucket list?

What do you want to achieve?
Do you have a dream to travel somewhere exotic?
Perhaps experience a new adventure?
Learn a new language?

Being in business is about doing what you live and achieving the idea of freedom -

You need to think about the goals you want to achieve and write them down.
Countless studies have proven that when we write down goals we are likely to achieve those goals.

Here is a guarantee - one year from today I will have achieved one or more of my bucket list goals. How do I know that? Easy - I am focused on achieving them.

See you at the top

No comments:

Post a Comment